Pages

January 13, 2011

simon's evergreen

[see larger image on flickr]
simon pearce is an irishman who started a beautiful hand-blown glass and pottery store with workshop & restaurant locations in a few places in the US. one of those places was my hometown. sadly, they just announced that they’re closing this location :(

so i thought i’d do a little tribute to one of my favorite places with this photo of my favorite simon pearce piece, the evergreen…a special gift from my mom :)

i had great memories there:
...special lunches with my mom
...delicious birthday celebrations
...shopping & lunch trips with dear friends
...toasts to friendships, weddings, and babies

i’m going to miss that delicious vermont cheddar cheese soup, the irish brown bread, the warm, fluffy scones…and of course, sipping champagne out of their gorgeous hand-blown flutes…

slainte simon pearce, thanks for the memories…

1 comment:

  1. So sad....so many good memories. I hope someone else re-opens the restaurant so we can sit by the window and look out on Brandywine. - AW

    ReplyDelete