Pages

October 27, 2011

um, yeah that's close.

starbucks downtown asks for people's name when ordering to make the process more personal. which i must admit is nice [and probably saves the baristas time calling out the long 5+ word coffee orders].

but i've noticed it puts some additional stress on the order-taker to spell the person's name right.

in fact, downtown is notorious for spelling people's name wrong. but usually for me, i just get an occasional two l's.

this week during a team meeting, i ordered a coffee and i got a double "s" too! love it.

the guy even showed it to me and asked if that was right. [seriously, what do you say? be polite and just say yes?]


i went with: "um, yeah that's close" with a smile :)

poor guy. he seemed disappointed. little did he know, it made my day [and my blog!]





[p.s. wow, third post this week about coffee. i wasn't kidding when i said on monday that it was going to be a very caffeinated week!]

2 comments:

  1. I think it means your double special....double "ll-s" double "ss's" double special. I ordered a new pair of sneakers....the guy has called me a million times to tell me they are backordered/now they are in/etc...each time he calls me he says "hello is Ang-geel-a there" --as in rhymes w/ "heel" --its super awkward...but I go w/ it! lol! Never in my almost 30 years have I had some one call me Ang-geel-a....makes me feel like a super-hero! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, that's so funny! i know, just when you think you have a somewhat traditional name, someone comes along and makes you feel exotic and mysterious :)

    ReplyDelete