Pages

October 5, 2010

raindrops & polka dots


i'm all for rainy days.  when it's damp and cool outside, and i'm curled up and comfy under a soft blanket, watching a movie or reading a book, drinking a cup of warm tea.  love it.

rainy days when i have to be outside?  not liking that so much.  especially when my mode of transportation is my feet...my cold, wet feet.

but instead of getting all pessimistic about this perpetual rain, i thought i'd list the things i'm thankful for in this rainy weather:
  • only two classes today within relatively short walking distance [1/2 mile one-way isn't so bad, right?]
  • my mom's yummy homemade cauliflower soup [perfect way to warm me up!]
  • anti-frizz serum that keeps my hair from looking ridiculous [seriously]
  • the grass, flowers, and foliage are happy
  • my pretty polka dot umbrella...it's cheerful AND keeps me dry :)

so over the next two days [which will be full of rain as well] i'll remember to be thankful for raindrops...and polka dots.

1 comment: