Pages

August 23, 2010

first day

[see larger image on flickr]
so today is the first day of my PhD program and like any other first day i've prepared myself...picked out a cute outfit, organized my school supplies, painted my nails, wrote out my schedule and to-do lists...but i'm having a little trouble preparing mentally. the thoughts of "what did i get myself into?" and "will i be smart enough?" keep creeping into my mind.

so i thought of what my mom has said to me each and every one of those previous first days.  i took out a pen, ripped off a piece of that new school paper, and wrote it out..."believe in yourself."  then i put it right on my bulletin board, because i have a feeling that there will be a few other days this semester that i'll need to remind myself of just that :)

2 comments: