Pages

August 25, 2010

wild, crazy night


yes, wild and crazy...as in the organizational status of my desk...and my mind.

i'm amazed at how much reading there is in my classes.  last night i powered through 3 articles on the definition of social theories in technology.  not only were my eyes and head tired, but i think i heard my highlighter sighing in exhaustion.  see that bottle of excedrin in the back there?  that will be my best friend today.

i'm sure that the concepts will start to make more sense as the semester goes on.  soon i'll probably be throwing theory jargon into my daily conversations [scary thought].  but for now, these are what my nights look like.  pretty wild and crazy, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I COMPLETELY missed that you were starting the IST PhD program! That is crazy! Crazy awesome, that is! It's just amazing how life has so many different paths... here i am sitting around the house being a stay-at-home mom (until next week when i am trying out working part time!) and you have returned to penn state (where i long to be some days!) and getting a PhD!! Congrats and I will be checking back in to see what being a PhD student is like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks katie! so nice to hear from you :) i've been seeing your statuses on facebook and can't believe how big micah is getting! he is so sweet. good luck with going back to work and definitely keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete