Pages

August 27, 2010

meet alex

in the past 6 years i've lived in 5 different places.  that's a lot of moving around.  that's a lot of new jobs and experiences.  that's a lot of missing my friends and family.  but as i was looking around this new 5th place of residence [my tiny, but quaint, graduate housing room], i noticed one constant from all of those 5 places.  his name is alex.

my mom bought me this bear on my 21st birthday.  i picked him because i loved his sweater.  [it reminded me of the old roll-neck j.crew sweaters that were trendy in the 90's, remember those?  so comfy.]  his name sounds sort of random for a bear that has a big PSU on his chest, but i already had others named joe and nittany.  so when i was thinking of something penn state related, i thought of how much i loved living in my first real apartment with my friends vim and jess.  the apartment was called alexander court...so viola!  alex it was.

he's been there through all 6 years of moving around.  all of the new jobs and experiences.  and although i wish he had the ability to pack and unpack [which would have been really helpful], it's nice to have something constant in all of the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment