Pages

July 29, 2011

candidacy survival

well the time has come for our big candidacy exam here in my graduate program. it's 2 weeks of intense analysis and writing. not a lot of fun if you ask me.

so i'll be gone for two weeks while i focus on this exam.  but i thought i'd leave you with a glimpse inside my candidacy survival kit :)


  1. pretty notebook and pen - to jot down notes and random thoughts...and vent my frustration if necessary ;) [since we're not allowed to talk to anyone about the exam]
  2. granola bars - to keep my stomach-growling to a minimum when i'm holed up inside the library all day.
  3. reading glasses - i've been bad about wearing my glasses lately, but since i'm going to be doing A LOT of reading, i really have to remind myself to wear them. plus, they'll make me feel more studious [whatever works, right?]
  4. to-do list - i've got one for every day of my two week exam! [if you know me at all, this is not a surprise]
  5. my beloved mac - this is my BFF these next two weeks. i could not survive without it.
  6. entertainment - since i'm giving up all social media, blogs, news sites, and any other online distractions...music will be my only online entertainment. i have music playlists all ready to energize me and relax me, both of which i'm sure i'll need.
  7. research essentials - post-its & highlighter...two of my favorite things :)
  8. hydration - i even bought the fancy water to make it seem more special
  9. relief - all this reading and writing...i'm sure excedrin will be in my future.
  10. caffeine - extremely critical to my survival.

see you in two weeks!

2 comments: